Mass Effect Assignments: how to start every side quest & assignment
While you’ll be doing a lot of running and gunning across the Galaxy, Mass Effect is still a traditional RPG in many ways. That naturally means a whole bunch of side quests - or Assignments, as they’re known officially in the game.
As with the various character classes, abilities and class specializations in Mass Effect 1, the assignments featured are pretty typical RPG tropes - various quests that offer up rewards like XP, items, gear, paragon or renegade alignment points, and of course new and unique storylines. Completing the majority of the game nets you the ‘Completionist’ trophy/achievement - so if you’re going for that, you’ll need to tidy up the majority of the assignments.
One advantage of the branching, multi-game narrative of Mass Effect is that several of these side quests and assignments can also feature choices that have consequences in Mass Effect 2 and 3 - if you do the quest.
On this page, we’ll list every side quest assignment in Mass Effect, plus where to start them and any other key information completionists will need to know - broken up by each of Mass Effect’s core locations:
- Citadel Assignments, part 1
Normandy Squadmate Assignments
- Citadel Assignments, part 2
- Story Planet Assignments on Feros, Noveria & Virmire
- Citadel Assignments, part 3
- DLC Assignments
- Collectible assignments
Uncharted World Assignments
Citadel Assignments Part 1
These assignments are available from your very first visit to the Citadel very early in the game, though some assignments unlock gradually as more of the Citadel becomes available to you.
- Citadel: Asari Consort: visit the Consort’s Chambers on the Presidium and speak to Nelyna and then Sha’ira.
- Citadel: Doctor Michel: head to the Lower Wards Med Clinic again any time after taking down Fist in Chora’s Den as part of the main story.
- This quest evolves into a ‘second part’ called ‘Citadel: Doctor Michel is Safe’
- Citadel: Homecoming: once Tali has joined your party, speak to Samesh Bhatia near the embassy area commons area, not far from where there’s an Avina terminal.
- This quest leads to several follow-up quests as the storyline twists and turns, including Citadel: Jahleed's Secret , Citadel: Jahleed and Chorban , followed by one of a number of finales such as Citadel: Jahleed Returns Materials , Citadel: Jahleed Arrested , Citadel: Jahleed Set Free .
- Citadel: Presidium Prophet: after the council reject your claims about Eden Prime and the Citadel: Expose Saren main quest begins, find a C-Sec Officer and Hanar on the Presidium in the wide open area near the Citadel Tower.
- Citadel: Reporter's Request: as soon as you can access the Upper Wards (once you’re working to expose Saren), find Emily Wong near the stairway to Flux. Alternatively, picking up the OSD in Fist’s office in Chora’s Den also retroactively gives you the quest.
- This quest evolves into Citadel: Rita's Sister and Chellick and Citadel: Rita's Sister is Safe as you progress it.
- Citadel: Scan the Keepers: this assignment is dropped into your lap; after meeting the council, a Salarian is right in your path, fiddling with a keeper. A squadmate will even point them out. Chat to the Salarian, Chorban, to start the quest. If you’ve already started the Citadel: Jahleed’s Fears quest before this one, Chorban will move to the Lower Markets, where you can still get the quest from him. We’ve got a guide to the Keeper Locations to get you through this quest.
- Depending on choices you make, this assignment will change into either Citadel: Schells' Scanner Given Away or Citadel: Schells has his Data .
- Citadel: Signal Tracking: visit Flux Casino on the Lower Wards and examine a ‘Suspicious Gambling Machine’ in the upstairs corner to start this quest. We’ve got a guide on the signal tracking locations if you need help.
- Citadel: The Fan: you’ll find Conrad Verner standing in the Markets area of the Upper Wards. There are three stages to this assignment; you’ll need to visit Verner when you first gain access to the wards, then again after becoming a Spectre, and one last time after completing any of the three main story worlds.
- As it progresses, this quest changes name to Citadel: Xeltan Convinced .
- Missing Person / UNC: Privateers: get this assignment by speaking to Garoth in the Citadel Tower after your second meeting with the council. Alternatively, it can be received by hacking a computer terminal on Noveria. It will also automatically trigger if you find and scan the MSV Majesty in the Horse Head Nebula.
Once you’re back on the Normandy after your first Citadel Visit, you’ll have the chance to talk to your squadmates during down time aboard the ship. If you keep talking to them, three of your alien squad members will have requests for you.
What squadmates have to say changes each time you complete a main story mission; you may have to complete one or two story missions before they give you their request and the associated assignment .
- Garrus: Find Dr. Saleon: keep talking to Garrus and he’ll gradually reveal information about this C-Sec case gone wrong, which eventually gives you a location to head to.
- Tali and the Geth / Tali’s Pilgrimage: Tali will tell you about her pilgrimage, but this assignment only pops when you clear a Geth Base on Solcrum as part of UNC: Geth Incursions. There’s a terminal you can interact with in that planet’s Geth Stronghold, and you can then gift that data to Tali aboard Normandy.
- Wrex: Family Armor: keep talking to Wrex and talking about his past; he will ask you to retrieve his family armor, which was stolen. Alternatively, you can find the assignment goal on Tuntau in the Phoenix System of Argos Rho; finding the armor first gives you the quest, then you can turn it in by talking to Wrex. We recommend, for various reasons, that you do this quest before heading to Virmire .
Citadel Assignments Part 2
These assignments will be available the next time you visit the Citadel after completing any one of the three ‘core’ story planet missions of Therum, Noveria, or Feros .
Three of the quests that unlock this point are a branch based on your pre-service history character background - each background gets one exclusive side quest. The other three are available to all.
- Citadel: I Remember Me: only available if your Shepard has the Colonist background. You’ll automatically get a call about this quest after arriving on the Citadel and using the elevator from the docking bay.
- Citadel: Old Friends: only available if your Shepard has the Earthborn background. Find Finch in Chora’s Den.
- Citadel: Old, Unhappy, Far-Off Things: only available if your Shepard has the Spacer background. Talk to Zabaleta in the Wards Access corridor area.
- Citadel: Family Matter: near the Presidium financial district and Barla Von’s office, there's two people audibly arguing. Insert yourself into their conversation.
- Citadel: Planting a Bug: you must have completed Citadel: Reporter’s Request for Emily Wong. If you have, find Wong in the Citadel Tower to get this continuation.
- Citadel: Snap Inspection: this will automatically occur as you step off the Normandy when it first arrives back at the Citadel.
- Citadel: The Fourth Estate: the reporter Khalisah Al-Jilani can be found at the bottom of the elevator from the docking bay; talk to her to take on this verbally-charged assignment.
Story Planet Assignments: Feros, Noveria, & Virmire
Mass Effect’s handful of story-critical planets also have a few assignments of their own - though it’s only a few for each planet, and Therum actually has no side quests at all, being a much more straightforward affair. Here’s the quests you can expect on each planet:
- Noveria: Espionage: as you explore the port in Noveria, you’ll be approached by an Asari named Mallene Calis, giving you this side quest. If you agree to help her, the quest continues. If you refuse, it is marked as completed.
- Noveria: Smuggling: there’s a Hanar Merchant named Opold on Noveria, in the port area. Chat to it and it’ll ask for your help smuggling an item.
- Feros: Data Recovery: when you’re in the Mako heading from Zhu’s Hope to the ExoGeni facility, you can stop and head into ruins - speak to the scientists hiding within.
- Feros: Geth in the Tunnels: after speaking to Fai Dan as part of the main story and then dealing with some Geth, speak to him again. You can also get the quest by heading into the tunnels and blowing up the transmitter.
- Feros: Power Cells: once you’ve met Fai Dan in Zhu’s Hope, talk to May O’Connell, who hangs out near the area entrance.
- Feros: Varren Meat: once you’ve free reign to look around Zhu’s Hope, talk to Davin Reynolds.
- Feros: Water Restoration: find and talk to Macha Doyle inside the Zhu’s Hope colony.
- Virmire: Assisting Kirrahe's Team & Virmire: Wrex and the Genophage : both unmissable quests that will pop part-way into the Virmire mission - with the Wrex mission only happening if you recruited him. We’ve got a full guide to the choices on Virmire that helps explain the decisions you’re making here.
Citadel Assignments Part 3
While you can go back and forth to the Citadel as much as you like, these assignments will be made available when the story takes you back to the Citadel and for a brief period you can’t leave there.
- Citadel: Our Own Worst Enemy: once Captain Anderson asks you to meet him in Flux but before you do go to join him, talk to Charles Saracino, who is leading a group of protestors.
- Citadel: Negotiator's Request: once Captain Anderson asks you to meet him in Flux, you’ll be able to talk to Mr. Keeler near the entrance to Flux to get this assignment.
DLC Assignments: Bring Down the Sky & Pinnacle Station
The DLC for Mass Effect adds two new locations with associated story missions - Asteroid X57 and Pinnacle Station. Note that Pinnacle Station is only available in the original releases of the game, not the Legendary Edition remaster . Bring Down The Sky is available in both.
Bring Down the Sky / Asteroid X57 Assignments:
- X57: Bring Down the Sky: simply land on the asteroid; this is the main story mission.
- X57: Avoid the Blasting Caps: will be introduced to you over comms when you turn off the first fusion torch.
- X57: Missing Engineers: either find one of the engineers out on the Asteroid or speak to Simon Atwell later in the main quest.
Pinnacle Station Assignments:
- Pinnacle Station: Combat Missions: visit Pinnacle Station. Talk to Admiral Ahern, then Ochren.
- Pinnacle Station: Convoy: clear Admiral Ahren’s special scenario to get this quest.
- Pinnacle Station: Vidinos: beat the high score of a challenge to start this quest.
Galactic Collectible Assignments
Each of these five assignments relate to various resources that can be found on the uncharted worlds you can land the Mako on through the galaxy as presented in Mass Effect. Each of these quests automatically begins the first time that you pick up one of these resources on any uncharted world.
Keep in mind that in most of these cases, there are more of these resources to be found than required to finish each quest. Aside from some cash and XP, there is no bonus to finding ‘extra’ resources.
- UNC: Prothean Data Discs
- UNC: Turian Insignias
- UNC: Valuable Minerals
- UNC: Locate Signs of Battle
- UNC: Asari Writings
These assignments make up the bulk of the side quests in the game - relatively random encounters you can have out in space while exploring the galaxy.
Most of these quests can be acquired in multiple ways - either through stumbling on the quest location while exploring a planet, through hacking computers and terminals, through overheard news reports and banter, or even through distress signals. Many of these quests have multiple names depending on how you first acquire them - so we bundle each quest together with its multiple monikers below.
- UNC: Asari Diplomacy / Mercenaries: after completing one story planet, talk to Nassana Dantius in the lounge area of the Citadel’s Presidium embassies area. Alternatively, the quest automatically begins if you assault a merc base on Sharjila in the Macedon system.
- UNC: Colony of the Dead / Investigate Samples: hack a terminal in the ExoGeni building on Feros - or go to Chasca in the Matano system and enter one of the planet’s research stations.
- UNC: Dead Scientists / Doctor at Risk: find a clue on a terminal on Noveria, or get it automatically when you first enter the Newton system.
- UNC: Derelict Freighter: any time after finishing the story mission on Feros, find this ship drifting in the Caspian System of the Maroon Sea Cluster, hidden in an asteroid belt.
- UNC: Distress Call / Unusual Readings: hack the computer in Udina’s office on the Citadel, or go to Metgos in the Argos Rho cluster’s Hydra system.
- UNC: Espionage Probe / Investigate Shipments: simply take the Normandy to the Voyager Cluster’s Amazon system.
- UNC: ExoGeni Facility / Investigate Facility: obtain the quest by unearthing a transmission while on Feros, or get the assignment by landing on Nodacrux in the Maroon Sea cluster.
- UNC: Geth Incursions / Geth Activities: acquired by hacking a Geth terminal on Feros or terminal on Virmire, but it’s more easily obtained by visiting the Armstrong Nebula, where it’ll be given to you on arrival.
- UNC: Hostage: you’ll get a message from Admiral Hackett the first time you enter the Farinata System of the Hades Gamma cluster.
- UNC: Hostile Takeover / A Person of Interest: either talk to Helena Blake in the Citadel Presidium Financial District after becoming a Spectre, or decrypt a terminal in C-Sec Academy.
- UNC: Major Kyle / Strange Transmission: unlocked by hacking various terminals on Feros, the Citadel, or Noveria. Alternatively, navigate to the Century system of the Hawking Eta cluster to get it automatically.
- UNC: Missing Marines / UNC: Cerberus / UNC: Hades' Dogs: after becoming a Spectre, speak to Admiral Kahoku in the Citadel Tower to get the Missing Marines assignment. Alternatively, take Normandy to Edolus in the Artemis Tau cluster to get the assignment that way. Once Missing Marines is completed, UNC: Cerberus triggers when you next use the galaxy map, and that quest leads directly to UNC: Hades’ Dogs.
- UNC: Listening Post Alpha / UNC: Listening Post Theta / UNC: Depot Sigma-23: after completing Noveria, go to the Styx Theta cluster. Enter the Erebus system to pick up a distress signal.
- UNC: Lost Freighter: locate the missing ship in the Gemini Sigma cluster’s Ming System.
- UNC: Lost Module: simply enter the Hercules system in the Attican Beta cluster to be given the assignment.
- UNC: Missing Survey Team: commonly overheard in Citadel elevators. Alternatively, just go to the planet Trebin in the Hades Gamma cluster’s Antaeus system.
- UNC: Privateers / Missing Person: talk to Garoth on the Citadel Tower after becoming a Spectre. Alternatively, find and scan the MSV Majesty in the Horse Head Nebula. It’s near the planet Xawin.
- UNC: Rogue VI: once you reach a certain level, Admiral Hackett will call you to give you this assignment the next time you travel to a new system. This assignment is how you unlock Shepard’s specialization class .
Finally, there are two assignments that are exclusive to different moralities. They only trigger if you've amassed a certain amount of Paragon or Renegade points, and are themed around what each morality axis is good at:
- UNC: Besieged Base: Admiral Hackett will contact you when you use the Galaxy Map once you qualify, which will require at least 80% of Paragon points.
- UNC: The Negotiation: Admiral Hackett will contact you when you use the Galaxy Map once you qualify, which will require at least 80% Renegade points.
Finished with ME1? We've got the same guide for the ME2 side quests if you enjoyed this - just click on through!
Assignments | mass effect 1 wiki.
- Create new page
- Recent Changes
- Edit Open Graph
- Clear page cache
- Clear comments cache
- File Manager
- Page Manager
- Wiki Templates
- Comments Approval
- Wiki Settings
- Wiki Manager
Assignments are the name given to side missions in Mass Effect . Assignments do not advance the story but completing them can help the player understand the inner workings of the Mass Effect's universe, the interactions between Races , etc
Assignments in Mass Effect
Shepard's background .
These assignments depend on the pre-service history the player chooses while creating the character
- Citadel: Old, Unhappy, Far-off Things
- Citadel: Old Friends
- Citadel: I Remember Me
These assignments are related to your Normandy Crewmates.
- Garrus: Find Dr. Saleon
- Tali and the Geth
- Wrex: Family Armor
Citadel First Visit
These assignments are first available since your first visit to the Citadel, and remain so for the rest of the game.
- Citadel: Asari Consort
- Citadel: Doctor Michel
- Citadel: Homecoming
- Citadel: Jahleed's Fears
- Citadel: Presidium Prophet
- Citadel: Reporter's Request
- Citadel: Rita's Sister
- Citadel: Scan the Keepers
- Citadel: Schells the Gambler
- Citadel: Signal Tracking
- Citadel: The Fan
- Citadel: Xeltan's Complaint
- Missing Person
Citadel Second Visit
These assignments become available after completing one of the three major Missions (Feros, Noveria o rescuing Lara T'Soni)
- Citadel: Family Matter
- Citadel: Planting a Bug
- Citadel: Snap Inspection
- Citadel: The Fourth Estate
Citadel Detainee Visit
These assignments are only available during the time you are detained at the Citadel.
- Citadel: Our Own Worst Enemy
- Citadel: Negotiator's Request
These assignments are specific to Feros
- Feros: Data Recovery
- Feros: Geth in the Tunnels
- Feros: Power Cells
- Feros: Varren Meat
- Feros: Water Restoration
These assignments are specific to Noveria
- Noveria: Espionage
- Noveria: Smuggling
These assignments are specific to Virmire
- Virmire: Assisting Kirrahe's Team
- Virmire: Wrex and the Genophage
These assignments require you to travel Citadel space and finding hidden collectibles.
- UNC: Prothean Data Discs
- UNC: Turian Insignias
- UNC: Valuable Minerals
- UNC: Locate Signs of Battle
- UNC: Asari Writings
Assignments from Uncharted Space in the galaxy
- A Person of Interest
- Doctor at Risk
- Geth Activities
- Investigate Facility
- Investigate Samples
- Investigate Shipments
- Strange Transmission
- UNC: Asari Diplomacy
- UNC: Cerberus
- UNC: Colony of the Dead
- UNC: Dead Scientists
- UNC: Depot Sigma-23
- UNC: Derelict Freighter
- UNC: Distress Call
- UNC: Espionage Probe
- UNC: ExoGeni Facility
- UNC: Geth Incursions
- UNC: Hades' Dogs
- UNC: Hostage
- UNC: Hostile Takeover
- UNC: Listening Post Alpha
- UNC: Listening Post Theta
- UNC: Lost Freighter
- UNC: Lost Module
- UNC: Major Kyle
- UNC: Missing Marines
- UNC: Missing Survey Team
- UNC: Privateers
- UNC: Rogue VI
- Unusual Readings
Assignments that depend on Commander Shepard's alignment.
- UNC: Besieged Base
- UNC: The Negotiation
Bring Down the Sky
Assignments for the first DLC for Mass Effect
- X57: Bring down the Sky
- X57: Avoid the Blasting Caps
- X57: Missing Engineers
Assignments for the second DLC for Mass Effect
- Pinnacle Station: Combat Missions
- Pinnacle Station: Convoy
- Pinnacle Station: Vidinos
- Recent Changes +
- File Manager +
- Page Manager +
- Create Wiki +
- ⇈ Back to top ⇈
- Mass Effect Achievements
- Completionist achievement
Sign in or sign up to start making your own lists.
- Create a list
- Boosting unavailable
Completionist achievement in Mass Effect
Complete the majority of the game
How to unlock the Completionist achievement
Guide not helping? View 5 more guides for this achievement .
Have you got any tips or tricks to unlock this achievement? Add a guide to share them with the community.
Mass Effect Legendary Edition: 15 Assignments In The First Game You Need To Play
As an RPG, Mass Effect contains plenty of side objectives for players. With the release of the Legendary Edition, which are most worth your time?
The first Mass Effect game revolves around Commander Shepard and their quest to hunt down Saren and Sovereign to save the galaxy from destruction. However, the protagonist doesn't spend all of their time on a single quest. Alongside the game's main missions is an abundance of assignments for players to complete, all of which are included in the Mass Effect Legendary Edition .
RELATED: Mass Effect: All Alien Squad Members In Thea Franchise, Ranked
The side quests focus on other happenings in the galaxy, which Shepard needs to sort out. They offer a nice reprieve from the main quest and add some life to the galaxy, making it feel lived in. Some assignments can be a little repetitive, but plenty of others are worth playing.
Updated on January 16th, 2022 by Talha Bin Rizwan: The first game from the Mass Effect: Legendary Edition trilogy has players take control of Commander Shepard to save the galaxy from the Saren, Sovereign, and the Geth. In addition to the main quest, players can undertake many side quests that are found all over the galaxy. These side missions, or assignments, as the game calls them, add some variety to the gameplay allowing Shepard to help people in a more one-on-one way. While some side-quests can be tedious for players, other side missions can be just as engaging as the main quest, if not more.
15 Garrus: Find Dr. Saleon
Loyalty missions don't exist in the original game, but some assignments relate to specific companions. For instance, the search for Dr. Saleon concerns perhaps the best squadmate , Garrus. Dr. Saleon, aka Dr. Heart, is a cruel Salarian who used to clone organs inside his patients' bodies to sell, often causing complications for the victims. When he was a part of C-Sec, Garrus tried to stop the evil physician, but Saleon slipped away.
If Shepard talks to the Turian enough throughout the game, he'll tell the tale of Dr. Saleon and give the Commander coordinates to find the villain. The action in the assignment is limited, yet the compelling backstory makes up for it. Plus, it's always nice to see great characters like Garrus get some spotlight.
14 Asari Consort
Shepard can find the consort’s chambers in the southeastern part of the Citadel. Inside, they will meet Sha’ira the consort, who’ll task them with getting a Turian General to leave her alone. The general is spreading lies about Sha’ira and all Shepard will need to do is talk to him.
Once done, they can return to Sha’ira where they can get one of two rewards, either a romance scene or a Prothean trinket that leads to an easter egg on the planet Eletania.
13 UNC: Missing Marines
Relatively early in the game, Shepard can speak with Admiral Kahoku, who sends him on an assignment to find his missing marines. At the last known coordinates of Kahoku's team, the player finds only dead bodies and a huge Thresher Maw.
In the original game, fighting the giant monster wasn't too interesting. Yet, the Legendary Edition has made several exciting alterations to Thresher Maw battles. Maws now have sensory tentacles that players must shoot to get it out of hiding, which adds more variety to fights. Furthermore, their aim is incredible as they predict the Mako's movements, making their acid spit much harder to dodge.
12 Noveria: Espionage
Not every assignment in Mass Effect is about violence. In 'Noveria: Espionage,' Shepard has to keep Rafael Vargas talking while a device hacks into his personal network.
RELATED: Every Mass Effect Race & Their Population Size
To please the Asari who gave Shepard the job, the player has to convince Vargas that they're genuinely interested in buying something from Binary Helix. Since this is Mass Effect , there are multiple ways for the quest to play out, partially based on whether Shepard is Paragon or Renegade. It all makes for a unique and compelling assignment that players can find near the Hotel bar on Noveria.
The quest is a short one but may have an emotional impact on players. The quest can be acquired after Tali joins Shepard’s party. They will find an NPC in front of the embassy front desk at the Presidium who is trying to get the Alliance to recover his wife’s body from Eden Prime.
Shepard can intervene on his behalf and talk to the clerk responsible who will release the body. It’s a small quest that takes only a few minutes to complete, but it is one of the few which can touch the players emotionally.
10 Citadel: The Fan
Despite featuring sparingly in the trilogy, Conrad Verner is a memorable character. He's a fanatic of Shepard's, desperate to follow in his hero's footsteps. At different points during the first game, he'll be waiting down in the Citadel markets.
As part of 'Citadel: The Fan,' the Commander has several conversations with Verner. During each talk, Verner's enthusiasm and delusion is funny to watch. Shepard's reaction to their number one fan is always entertaining, regardless of the protagonist's moral alignment.
9 UNC: Geth Incursions (aka Geth Activities)
The Geth are among the most powerful races in the Mass Effect universe , so Admiral Hackett is understandably concerned that they have multiple outposts in the Armstrong Nebula. As usual, it's up to Shepard to put an end to the Synthetics' activities. The Commander must go around to each outpost and destroy the Geth forces waiting there.
The enjoyment of this assignment depends on players' feelings about the new Mako, as it features heavily in the mission. However, the main reason to do this quest is the important terminal at the final base. Shepard can give the data retrieved from this terminal to Tali, which will strengthen their relationship.
8 Rita's Sister
This side mission can be acquired at Flux where players will overhear a waitress, Rita, talking to her Volus manager about her sister. Upon exploring, Shepard learns that Rita’s sister is working on a dangerous assignment for C-Sec, and she is worried about her sister’s safety.
Shepard is then contacted by a C-Sec officer and can assist him in dealing with the matter themselves. In doing so, Shepard will complete the assignment he gave to Jenna, Rita’s sister, after which she will be free to go.
7 UNC: Rogue VI
'UNC: Rogue VI' is an assignment given to the player by Hackett. The Alliance Admiral asks Shepard to go to Earth's moon and destroy the out-of-control VI that's taken over Luna Base. During the mission, the Commander and their team shoot through an abundance of flying drones.
As players spend most of the story facing Geth or Krogan, the drones are a nice change of pace. The real reason to complete this quest, though, is because it rewards the player with a Class Specialization. If players choose the right Specialization, it can make them significantly stronger.
6 Hostile Takeover:
The mission is available after Shepard completes the main missions on the planets Therum, Noveria, and Feros. They’ll need to hack one of the terminals at the C-Sec Academy to pick this side mission up. C-Sec will be investigating a suspected criminal named Helena Blake who can be found in the Financial District.
She’ll ask Shepard to take out two of her business partners. The quest is short but fun and depending on how players complete the quest, Helena Blake will appear in the second game of the trilogy.
5 UNC: Cerberus
Players might not remember that Cerberus is barely involved in the first game's adventures. However, in the rest of the Legendary Edition , the morally questionable organization plays a significant part in the story. In fact, Mass Effect 2 feels a little weird without knowing why people hate the Illusive Man's crew.
RELATED: Mass Effect: Miranda Lawson's Best Quotes, Ranked
Admiral Kahoku gives players the chance to learn about the group, tasking them with investigating a few of their research facilities as part of the 'UNC: Cerberus' assignment. During the lengthy mission, Shepard finds out some horrifying information, helping flesh out the story.
4 Wrex: Family Armor
If players want to hear Wrex deliver great lines throughout the entire trilogy , they should do his family armor quest. Completing this assignment isn't the only way to keep this Krogan alive, but it is the easiest.
To acquire the mission, Shepard has to regularly talk with Wrex on the Normandy until he reveals that his family armor is in the hands of a Turian pirate. During the assignment, players will storm the base of the trophy hunter and attempt to kill plenty of his people in an entertaining battle.
3 Shepard’s Backstory Missions
During character creation, players select a background for Shepard out of three choices; Earthborn, Colonist, and Spacer. These allow players to determine Shepard’s origins and how they started their journey to become a galactic legend. During the game, Shepard will be prompted to pursue certain missions based on the background selection.
With Earthborn, Shepard helps a former friend help his companion escape. With Colonist, a person from Shepard’s colony needs their help in stopping a suicide. And with Spacer, Shepard will help a man who claims to be their mother’s friend. These missions are small but allow players to flesh out their Shepard as a character.
2 Virmire: Assisting Kirrahe's Team
Shortly after arriving on Virmire, Shepard will meet a Salarian captain named Kirrahe. It doesn't take the leader long to become popular with players, as he's a very likable character.
During the assault on Saren's base, the Commander can help the charismatic Captain stay alive. To do so, players have to complete 'Virmire: Assisting Kirrahe's Team'. The objective to destroy the Geth flyers is the one that really matters, but it's worth completing the entire assignment, as it's enjoyable to help out allies.
1 X57: Bring Down the Sky
Originally, Bring Down the Sky was an expansion for the first game, but now it's included as part of the Legendary Edition . The main quest is a lot longer than a typical assignment, and it sees Shepard attempt to stop a group of Batarians from destroying a colony named Terra Nova.
New enemies, fun action, and a solid story make the Bring Down The Sky assignment one of the best. In fact, if it had more connection to Saren or Sovereign, it would feel more like a main mission as opposed to side content.
Mass Effect Legendary Edition is available on PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.
MORE: Mass Effect: Everything You Need To Know About The Reapers
Forum : A Near Complete Decision Guide to the Mass Effect Trilogy
- View history
Okay, so I've personally been incredibly frustrated by the internet's confusing guides, tips and information upon the best decisions in the Mass Effect trilogy. So after a painstaking number of playthroughs, a ridiculous amount of reading and watching a collaborative archive of lets-plays, I've put together a list of decisions which result in the best possible outcome, which everyone from complete noobcakes to seasoned Mass Effect veterans whom stop in every corridor to admire Miranda's genetically altered behind will find useful.
- 1 Mass Effect
- 2 Mass Effect 2
- 3 Mass Effect 3
- 4 Citadel DLC
- Mass Effect
- Help Jenna in Choras Den: http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Citadel:_Rita%27s_Sister
- Convince Conrad Verner to go home on the Citadel: http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Citadel:_The_Fan
- Use anti-Thorian grenades and the melee attack to pacify Thorian-controlled colonists on Feros
- Don't puch Kalish Bint Sinan Al-Jilani
- Buy the Elkoss Combine license
- Save the Rachni Queen
- Save the council from Sovereign and the Geth (This makes it easier to re-gain your spectre status in later games)
- Convince Wrex to stand down on Virmire: http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Virmire:_Wrex_and_the_Genophage (either with Paragon, Renegade or by finding Wrex's family armour: http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Wrex:_Family_Armor By finding this, you don't need to use Paragon or Renegade conversation options to convince Wrex to stand down)
- Don't bring Wrex along to confront Fist
- Spare Fist in Choras Den
- Save Captain Kirahe by: Disrupting communications in the first base, destroying the satellite uplink in the second base, destroy the Geth fighters and disable the alarms
- Stop gang operations for Helena Blake
- Convince Helena Blake to retire from crime
- Scan the Keepers for Chorban (I recommend using a wiki or map for this, or else you'll want to die): http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Citadel:_Scan_the_Keepers
- Accept Chorban's assignment before talking to Jahleed from C-Sec
- Pacify Ethan Jeong with Paragon or Renegade conversation options on Feros
- Gather all the Asari Matriarch writings
- Collect all the Turian insignias
- Collect all the rare elements, metals and gasses
- Collect all the Prothean data disks
- Collect all the Salarian dog tags
- Convince the C-Sec officer to allow the Hanar to preach in the Presidium
- Obtain a garage pass on Noveria by talking to Lorik Qui'in
- Help the Asari consort by convincing General Oraka to stop lying
- Help Samesh Bhatia
- Apoint Captain Anderson as the human councillor
- Help the arguing couple on the Citadel
- Save the hostages by allowing Balak to escape in Bring Down the Sky (DLC)
Also, for all you cheaters, if you want to boost your Paragon or Renegade points, go to Noveria first:
On Noveria. You are given a side-quest leading you to speak to Lorik Qui'in, a turian, at the bar. A quest progression choice enables you to encourage him to testify in a court case. You can choose from either a Paragon or Renegade dialogue option if you have at least 5 points in charm and/or intimidate. Choosing either of these options will give you a reward of 24 Paragon or 25 Renegade points respectively. The conversation will end but you can talk to him again. Ask about a different topic (i.e. Matriarch Benezia), then choose "Another question". The option to convince him to testify will reappear. Repeat this for infinite Paragon and/or Renegade points. This bug appears to exist across all 3 platforms (Xbox360, PS3, PC).
Mass Effect 2
- To survive the suicide mission, use: Tali as the tech specialist, Miranda as the team leader, Jacob as the team escort, Samara as the biotic specialist, Garrus as the diversion team leader and Thane and Miranda as your final squadmates (The final two don't matter, but having Miranda provides for interesting conversation options and she's also a powerful biotic)
- Ensure you complete all squadmate loyalty missions (If you don't you're an idiot)
- Go IMMEDIATELY to the Collector Base once your crew have been taken to save them all
- Side with Samara in her loyalty mission
- Complete the Reaper IFF mission AFTER you've completed all planet scanning activites and missions
- Resolve Tali and Legion's conflict with Paragon or Renegade conversation options
- Resolve Miranda and Jack's conflict with Paragon or Renegade conversation options
- Tell Kasumi to keep Keji's Greybox
- Destroy the Geth Heretics (Also, take Tali along for Legion's loyalty mission. It's rather interesting)
- Ensure Tali isn't exiled by using Paragon
- Prevent Miranda from killing Niket using a Paragon action
- Survive every wave of enemies during the Arrival DLC
- In N7: Stronium Mule, don't kill the enemies in the other rooms before killing the mercenaries in the command centre
- Get all Normandy upgrades from squadmates
- Save Maelon's data during Mordin's loyalty mission
- Prevent the "kid" from signing up to the Blue Suns using a Paragon action
- Prevent a fight breaking out between you and the batarians on Omega using Paragon or Renegade conversation options
- Pay Ken's pilgrimage fee on Omega
- Help Conrad Verner on Illium
- Get ALL of the information on "The Observer" from the terminals for Liara
- Don't punch Kalisah Bint Sinan Al-Jilani
- Save the refinery workers during Zaeed's loyalty mission
- Convince Zaeed to stay loyal with a Paragon or Renegade conversation option
- Don't continue the research in the Project Overlord DLC
- Help the Feros colonists on Illium by using Paragon or Renegade to convince the saleswoman
- Stop the Volus from wandering into battle with a Paragon action during Samara's recruitment mission
Mass Effect 3
- Allow Mordin to cure the genophage
- Warn Wrex and Eve about the Dalatrass' sabotage
- Convince the friends arguing in the Presidium to help out at medical centres
- Help "the arguing couple" in the Prescidium
- DON'T place a kill order on General Oraka
- Find the black market tech for the dealer (to stop Oraka harassing him)
- DON'T release Jona Sideris
- Convince Sayn to take over Eclipse
- Retrieve your fish from Yeoman Kelly Chambers
- But the automatic fish-feeder from the Presidium at Barla Von's store
- Negotiate a cease-fire between the Geth and Quarians
- Save the Admiral, NOT HIS MEN, on Rannoch
- Use the Paragon action to recruit Kalisah Bint Sinan Al-Jilani
- Prevent Samara from committing suicide
- Allow Diana Allers to join the Normandy SR2 crew
- Use a Paragon or Renegade conversation option to obtain the name of the Turian colony and the help of the Volus fleet from Din Korlack
- In Omega, manually re-route the power
- In the Citadel DLC, imprison Brooks
- Throw the Citadel DLC party AFTER Priority: Horizon
- Immediately after Priority: Thessia, complete Priority: Horizon to save Miranda
- Get the Grissom Academy students to fight on the front lines
- To get Jack to attend the party, speak with her in the Purgatory Bar on the Citadel
- To get Miranda to attend the party, prevent her from dying during Priority: Horizon
- To get Jacob to attend the party, speak with him in Heurta Memoria Hospital
- To get Samara to attend the party, prevent her from killing herself in Mass Effect 3 —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 22.214.171.124 ( talk · contr ) .
Full Walkthrough Roadmap
This section of IGN's Mass Effect Legendary Edition wiki guide details the Full Walkthrough Roadmap , which will help you complete each and every Mission, Assignment, Side Quest and DLC story in the game for a complete 100% run.
This section accomodates for players who want to have a step-by-step walkthrough of the entire Mass Effect Trilogy for a perfect 100% run. To do this we have included a box at the bottom of every page telling you where you should go next. Several factors were used to determine this order, including story context, opportunities for unique dialouge, and conserving ship fuel in Mass Effect 2 and 3.
With that out of the way, here is our complete, Full Walkthrough Roadmap to 100% the Mass Effect Trilogy. Primary story Missions and DLC Story Missions are bolded , while Citadel Excursions, Assignments and other Side Quests are not.
Mass Effect 1 Full Walkthrough Roadmap
The beginning of the Mass Effect Trilogy starts Shephard off on the SSV Normandy SR-1 prototype under the command of Captain Anderson. A routine shakedown run at the human colony of Eden Prime turns into something far greater, as a terrifying force makes a play for a discovery of galactic importance.
- On the Normandy
- Find the Beacon
Surviving the vision burned into their brain by the Prothean Beacon, Shepard has discovered that the culprit behind the Geth attack on Eden Prime is Saren Arterius, a Spectre with near-unlimited resources and authority. They travel to the Citadel to convince the Council of Saren's guilt, picking up several new alien Squad Mates along the way.
- Citadel: Wrex
- Citadel: Garrus
- Citadel: Expose Saren II
- Find Liara T'Soni
One of the leads Shepard has picked up is Dr. Liara T'Soni. In addition to being the daughter of Saren's second-in-command Matriarch Benezia, she's also an expert in the Protheans.
- Post-First Mission World
Another of Shepard's leads on Saren is the human colony of Zhu's Hope. The colony is built on Feros, a planet entirely covered by the ruins of a vast Prothean city. Recently there have been geth reports, and the colony dropped out of contact shortly afterwards.
- Geth Attack
- The Thorian
- Post-Second Mission World
The third of Shepard's leads concerns Noveria. A cold world both literally and figuratively, Noveria isn't under Council jurisdiction and is thus home to many stories of illegal corporate research. Recently Geth have been sighted around that area, meaning there's a good chance Saren is in the area.
- Geth Interest
- Lorik Qui'in
- Reconnect Landlines
- Reactor Repair
- Matriarch Benezia
- Post-Third Mission World
After concluding two of the leads on Saren, Shepard is contacted by the Council on news of an STG team who sent an urgent message from Virmire while gathering intel on Saren there. It'll be a good idea to investigate the area and see what they've found, and if you can help.
- How to Save Wrex
- How to Save Kirrahe
After investigating all their leads, Shepard now knows that Saren is headed to Ilos to find the Counduit. Unfortunately, the Council is only protecting against an immediate invasion from Saren, and has grounded Shepard and the Normandy. They'll have to find a way to unlock the Normandy, stop Saren on Ilos and save the galaxy.
- Race Against Time: Final Battle
- Preparing Your Profile for Mass Effect 2
Mass Effect 2 Full Walkthrough Roadmap
A month after the defeat of Sovereign in Mass Effect 1, Shepard and the crew of the Normandy scour the galaxy for the last remaining Geth holdouts. But life is about to take a sharp turn for Shepard, as they meet Cerberus and lean of agents of the Reapers who are terrorizing humanity before they even arrive...
- Prologue - Save Joker
- Prologue - Awakening
- Freedom's Progress
- Exploring the Normandy
Assemble a Team - Part 1
In order to take down The Collectors, Shepard must go through the Omega-4 Relay to strike the Collectors at their base, effectively a suicide mission. In order to have a chance at being successful, the Illusive Man instructs Shepard to travel the galaxy and assemble an elite team to get the job done.
- Citadel - The Council and Shopping
- Omega Shopping
- Zaeed - The Price of Revenge
- Project Firewalker: Rosalie Lost
- Kasumi - Stealing Memory
- Dossier - The Warlord
- N7 - Wrecked Merchant Freighter
- N7 - Abandoned Research Station
- N7 - Hahne-Kedar Facility
- Dossier - Archangel
- Dossier - The Professor
- Dossier - The Convict
Assemble a Team - Part 2
After a reunion in the colony of Horizon, the Illusive Man forwards Shepard three more dossiers to complete Shepard's team of ever-talented specialists to prepare for taking on the Collectors.
- N7 - Captured Mining Facility
- N7 - Blood Pack Communications Relay
- N7 - Blood Pack Base
- Dossier - Tali
- Illium - Shopping and Side Quests
- Dossier - The Justicar
- Collector Ship
- Dossier - The Assassin
In addition to assembling their team, Shepard must also tend to the personal and mental needs of the crew; old ghosts emerge from their past, and Shepard needs their team at their best to have a chance at defeating the Collectors.
- Miranda - The Prodigal
- Tuchanka - Shopping and Side Quests
- Grunt - Rite of Passage
- Mordin - Old Blood
- Project Firewalker: Volcano Station
- N7 - Endangered Research Station
- N7 - Mining the Canyon
- Project Firewalker: Prothean Site
- N7 - Quarian Crash Site
- N7 - Imminent Ship Crash
- N7 - Anomalous Weather Detected
- N7 - Abandoned Mine
- Jacob - The Gift of Greatness
- N7 - Archaeological Dig Site
- N7 - MSV Strontium Mule
- N7 - Lost Operative
- Normandy Crash Site
- Samara - The Ardat-Yakshi
- Afterlife Side Quests
- Lair of the Shadow Broker
- N7 - Eclipse Smuggling Depot
- N7 - MSV Estevanico
- N7 - Blue Suns Base
- N7 - Javelin Missiles Launched
- Jack - Subject Zero
- Garrus - Eye for an Eye
- Thane - Sins of the Father
- The Suicide Mission
With the team assembled, Shepard boards an incredibly dangerous craft to recover a device that could help them pass through the Omega-4 Relay. But a tragic turn of events causes the situation to become even more dire, and Shepard must finally make the jump to the Collector's base of operations...
- The Reaper IFF
- Tali - Treason
- Legion - A House Divided
- Jokers Jump
- Project Firewalker: Survey Sites Located
- Project Firewalker: Geth Activity
- Preparing Your Profile for Mass Effect 3
Mass Effect 3 Full Walkthrough Roadmap
Act 1 - earth.
In the opening of Mass Effect 3, Commander Shepard, relieved of duty over their actions in Mass Effect 2, must escape Earth and quickly find a way to stop the Reapers from annihilating all sentient life in the galaxy. But this will already come with heavy costs, and an excursion to Mars provides both hope and loss.
- Priority: Mars
- Priority: The Citadel 1
- Normandy: First Visit
- Normandy Collectibles
Act 2 - Turians and Krogan
With the Council unwilling to band together in support of the Crucible, Shepard decides to bypass them and appeal directly to their leadership. Their first lead is to attend a war summit between the Turians, Salarians and Krogan, where a 1,500 year old rivalry is about to be put to the test.
- Priority: Palaven
- EDI is Offline
- N7: Cerberus Lab
- Grissom Academy: Emergency Evacuation
- Citadel Excursion 1
- Priority: Sur'Kesh
- Attican Traverse: Krogan Team
- N7: Cerberus Abductions
- N7: Cerberus Attack
- Tuchanka: Turian Platoon
- Tuchanka: Bomb
- Citadel Excursion 2
- Priority: Tuchanka
- N7: Cerberus Fighter Base
Act 3 - Quarians and Geth
After securing Krogan support for the Turians to get their support for Earth, a major insurrection is discovered that shakes the status quo of the war. After that, Shepard must once again attempt to end one of the longest-standing cold wars in the galaxy.
- Priority: The Citadel 2
- Citadel Excursion 3
- Arrae: Ex-Cerberus Scientists
- Kallini: Ardat-Yakshi Monastery
- Citadel Excursion 4
- Priority: Perseus Veil
- Priority: Geth Dreadnought
- Rannoch: Admiral Koris
- Rannoch: Geth Fighter Squadrons
- Priority: Rannoch
- N7: Fuel Reactors
Act 4 - Cerberus and Reapers
After ending their second multi-century conflict, Shepard is directed to the Asari homeworld of Thessia in search of the Catalyst, the key component of the Crucible, putting them on a collision course with Cerberus. The assault on this shadowy organization's headquarters mark the beginning of the end of Shepard's long journey to stop the Reapers.
- Priority: The Citadel 3
- Priority: Thessia
- N7: Communications Hub
- Priority: Horizon
- Leviathan DLC
- Citadel DLC
- Priority: Cerberus Headquarters
- Priority: Earth
Up Next: Mass Effect Walkthrough
Top guide sections.
- Patch Notes
- Mass Effect Legendary Edition Differences and Changes
- Beginner's Guide and Tips
- Complete Mass Effect Trilogy Walkthrough
Was this guide helpful?
In this guide.